WOW! This recipe rocks! There was not one complaint with dinner last night. We love Mexican food but with trying to save money I have been trying to make more at home then going out to eat. I found this recipe and was intrigued. I have made crock pot fajitas which were good but kinda ‘soggy’ which would expect after cooking for 8 hours. This recipe kept the veggies crispier which I like.
The only thing I will do next time is kick the heat up a notch with adding a Jalapeno or the hot Rotel tomato/pepper combo, or add red pepper flakes.
The original recipe can be found here
Oven Baked Fajitas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 flour tortillas
- Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.